Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- Description<i>Google, Volume I</i> reproduces the first image shown by a Google Image search for every word in the dictionary. London-based artists Felix Heyes and Ben West (King Zog) used the <i>Oxford English Pocket Dictionary</i> and its 21,110 words as the basis for this project, which conceptually contrasts the definitiveness of a linguistic dictionary that is updated annually with Google's definition of the most relevant image for a given word--which is, of course, in continual flux. Nonetheless, this volume ostensibly offers the most neutral basic reference for describing our world in visual terms. Retaining the conventional alphabetical structure of a dictionary, and listing all of the source words in an appendix, <i>Google, Volume I</i> is the first edition of a dictionary that will be updated with each new volume of the dictionary it is based upon. It is handsomely bound in marbled paper over boards. Only 300 copies are available.
- PublisherJean Boite editions
- Date of Publication31/08/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintJean Boite editions
- Weight3266 g
- Width224 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine69 mm
- Edited byKing Zog
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.