CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionCan the past be discovered? Are memories only someone elses recollections? Can we draw out the shadows deep within the crevices of the brain? Goosetown, once a physical location in Akron, Ohio, and a place in Joyce Dyers childhood world, still lingers on the edge of the authors perception. Dyer lived her first five years, the most significant five some would say, in Goosetown, and had dismissed them as irrelevant because she couldnt recover the images. Years later, accompanied by her uncle, the self-proclaimed Mayor of Goosetown, the odd couple travels to unearth the lost years. Together they search for signs and symbols to jar recollections. Dyer weaves her story from the traces that remain: memories of relatives, public records, letters, and diaries. Facing a present with streets and buildings that have disappeared with urban progress, can Dyer ever find her real home? Take a ride with the Mayor of Goosetown. Youll enjoy the scenery.
- Author BiographyJoyce Dyer is director of the Lindsay-Crane Center for Writing and Literature at Hiram College in Hiram, Ohio, and John S. Kenyon Professor of English. She is the author of three books, The Awakening: A Novel of Beginnings, In a Tangled Wood: An Alzheimer's Journey, and Gum-Dipped: A Daughter Remembers Rubber Town, and the editor of Bloodroot: Reflections on Place by Appalachian Women Writers. She has published essays in magazines such as North American Review, cream city review, and High Plains Literary Review. She has won numerous awards for her writing, including the 1998 Appalachian Book of the Year Award and the 2009 David B. Saunders Award in Creative Nonfiction.
- Author(s)Joyce Dyer
- PublisherThe University of Akron Press
- Date of Publication03/08/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationAkron, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Akron Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.