Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionDerek Strangely runs a safari tour company with his side-kick Pedro, a Tutsi with a sad history. After stumbling upon a mauled Congolese child soldier they also find what he had hidden - three large diamonds. The diamonds belonged to General Cosmo Zomba wa Zomba who presides over the Congolese jungle with his Corporal, Duke Amin thwarting the efforts of the UN Peacekeepers at every turn. Hired by the mysterious diamond merchant, Richard Katz, Derek and Pedro go to the Walikale region of the Congo closely followed by the young and idealistic Natalie Cox who is determined to reveal Katz's illegal trade. Kidnapped by Cosmo and force-marched into the wilderness the four hostages become pawns in a dangerous game. It seems that the murderous Madame Azziza Nshuti is at the heart of everything. What is she up to? Is there a link between her and Katz? Can Cosmo trust her? Can anyone trust her? Has she corrupted members of the UN? As Lake Kiva threatens to release a deadly gas over the inhospitable terrain, the hostages lives are in the balance as they try to escape their captors and avoid the drug-fuelled, violent and unpredictable child soldiers. Will they get away before Cosmo and a rival war-lord join forces to destroy the UN camp? How far will General Cosmo go to retrieve his diamonds when he discovers Derek's secret? Fast-paced, gripping and a genuine page-turner, Cummings' action adventure marks the arrival of an author who compares to Wilbur Smith at the height of his powers.
- Author BiographyAn award-winning wildlife conservationists, Greg Cummings achieved remarkable success protecting gorilla populations in the wild, through community-based initiatives in East and Central Africa. In a career spanning two decades, he personally raised over $10 million dollars for this work, and formed enduring relationships with the Gates Foundation, World Bank, European Union, UNESCO, and US Fish & Wildlife - to name just a few. What really motivates him is a vision of a strong, indigenous movement for development in Africa - owned and managed by Africans for the good of future generations. Since 2009 he has been a director of WildLIGHT, a registered charity in Uganda where he lives.
- Author(s)Greg Cummings
- PublisherCutting Edge Press
- Date of Publication06/09/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCutting Edge Press
- Weight789 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.