All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
About this product
- DescriptionA very special day is coming up-only Suzie isn't sure which one... When Suzie's mom tells her a special day is coming, Suzie is very excited and begins guessing. Could it be Valentine's Day? Or St. Patrick's Day? Suzie's mom can't resist letting Suzie make guess after guess as Suzie's imagination journeys through many possibilities trying to figure out which special day her mother is so excited about. It's t Christmas, but there will be a big celebration. No, it's t one of the special days for presidents and kings, but it does celebrate history-their family history. And there will be balloons and cake and maybe even presents, but it's t a birthday. With just a few more clues, Suzie figures it out: it's her Gotcha Day! That's the day her family celebrates the date they became a family, the day they recount first holding her and bringing her home and show her all over again how special she is and how much they love her. Gotcha Day is a celebration in itself with warm illustrations, a story full of guesses and laughs, and even a removable Gotcha Day certificate. Families can personalize their child's name and the date they became a family. Let it hereby be kwn that your Gotcha Day is a very important date in our family history and how happy we are to have Gotcha! Adoptive parent and author Rebecca Tabasso's debut is a loving-and fun-way to talk to children about adoption. As comforting as a warm embrace, her sweet story renders a heartfelt portrait of the special place an adoptive child's Gotcha Day holds in their family's history. Full of laughter and love, Gotcha Day: A Carried in My Heart Adoption Story for Children is the perfect avenue for families to share with their child their own adoption story, traditions, and joy their child brings to the family.
- Author BiographyRebecca Tabasso was adopted at the age of three months to loving parents who were open about her adoption and fully supported her when she had adoption related questions. As an adult, she adopted two infant sons of her own (now eleven and fourteen). In 2010 she designed and launched www.carriedinmyheart.com, a comprehensive online adoption resource dedicated to the well-being of the adopted family, including a vast collection of online resources and a community for peers across each leg of the adoption triad. She actively participates on the statewide Inter-Agency Committee on Adoption along with state family services resources and local adoption agencies and professionals. A member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators, she is committed to providing, through engaging children's literature, quality tools that parents can trust and share with their children to reinforce key adoption messages. Tabasso resides in Newark, Delaware with her husband and her two sons.
- Author(s)Rebecca Tabasso
- PublisherCarried in My Heart Books
- Date of Publication29/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarried in My Heart Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Bonnie Lamaire
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.