All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionAn exciting crime caper as police and criminals team up for the first time to tell the inside story of the torious Security Express Robbery. On Easter Monday 1983 armed robbers got into the supposedly impregnable Security Express depot in Shoreditch, neatly capturing the guards and holding them hostage. They hauled away 5 tons of cash, worth [pound]6 million then ([pound]26 million in today's currency). The gang made mistakes and left behind t a single clue. Det. Supt Peter Wilton was the man in charge of the investigation. He spent years relentlessly tracking the culprits, playing a ruthless cat and mouse game that eventually led him to some of London's most torious villains - including the infamous Knight family. John Knight and his brother Ronnie were well-kwn faces, hard men who kept to the code of the East End gangster. They were riding high when John Knight and his hand-picked team executed the perfect robbery, and Ronnie helped launder the cash. They almost got away with it...As gripping as any thriller, Gotcha! combines the Knights' and Wilton's stories to graphically recreate the robbery, from the adrenalin-fuelled raid to the long police search, from the high life on the Costa del Sol to interrogation, betrayal and arrest.
- Author BiographyJohn Knight was a successful businessman, who also happened to be one of London's most successful robbers. Ronnie Knight was once a nightclub owner and was married to Barbara Windsor for many years. Peter Wilton spent 31 years in the Metropolitan police, and was promoted to Detective Superindendent. Pete Sawyer is an investigative journalist and freelance television producer.
- Author(s)John Knight,Pete Sawyer,Richard Wilton,Ronnie Knight
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication18/04/2003
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Out-of-print date13/02/2010
- Content Note40 b&w photographs
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.