All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCreate weird and wonderful knitted dolls with a Gothic theme using the knitting patterns in this book. There are clear instructions on making and stuffing the bodies, which are then needlesculpted to create form; colouring and embroidering the faces to give the dolls their unique and spell-binding characters; and creating the hair using fancy yarns, fake hairpieces and hair embellishments. Each doll is artfully and distinctively dressed in knitted outfits and accessories that any Goth would be proud of. The simple patterns mean that knitters of all abilities can enjoy making these gruesome dolls, so pick up your knitting needles and create your very own Gothic characters out of yarns, beads, buttons, ribbons and threads. Each doll can have as many outfits as he or she wants, and all of the items can be made using different colours and yarns to extend their wardrobes still further or to create a unique characters that you have designed yourself. Whether you are knitting for fun, or wish to create an unusual and unforgettable gift for a friend or relative, you will be irresistibly drawn to these loathsome yet loveable creatures. Add just the right amount of scariness, and these dolls will delight and inspire adults as well as children of all ages.
- Author BiographyFiona McDonald studied classical painting and drawing at The Julian Ashton Art School in Sydney, Australia from 1985 to 1989. After moving to the Blue Mountains, she began developing her unique oil-painted, needle-sculpted, life-size cloth figures, and her own line of fabric dolls and dragons. On returning to her home town of Armidale, Fiona added to her skills by learning to knit. This latest phase in her career has resulted in her developing designs for dolls and other toys.
- Author(s)Fiona McDonald
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight428 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.06Trending at AU $47.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.