Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThis expert and extensive tome traces the story of the Gothic Revival from its very beginnings in the 'Gothick' experiments of the eighteenth century to its ultimate embodiment in the Houses of Parliament. Gothic Revival primarily concentrates on the domestic forms of the style, from its use in country houses to its influence on the city streets of Europe and America: this previously unexplored angle reveals a series of incisive insights into the human side of this legendary architectural style. A visual delight as well as an essential work of reference, Gothic Revival covers the influence of the style in every aspect of furnishing and decor through the work of such great designers as Pugin, Wyatt, Viollet-le-Duc and Burges. The style's worldwide and long-standing influence is amply demonstrated in the rich and numerous illustrations of architecture, textiles, wallpapers and furnishings.
- Author BiographyMegan Aldrich is a senior tutor at Sotheby's Educational Studies in London.
- PrizesWinner of Sir Banister Fletcher Prize of the Author's Club 1994.
- Author(s)Megan Aldrich
- PublisherPhaidon Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/1997
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhaidon Press Ltd
- Content Noteindex, 50 colour and 100 b&w illustrations, bibliography, glossay
- Weight1520 g
- Width250 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.