All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever accompanied an evening of game-playing with a bowl of salty chips or slabs of pizza? If so, you kw that greasy fingers can be a distraction, with players interrupting the game to grab napkins or even lick their fingers immediately before grabbing the communal spinner. <i>Gourmet Game Night</i> has the solution: instead of relying on conventional convenience snacks and standbys, you ve got imaginative, homemade options; instead of greasy hands and game pieces, you ve got mess-free, bite-sized snacks. Cookbook writer, magazine contributor, and culinary blogger Cynthia Nims offers inventive alternatives that make hands-clean dining easy, including: Edible wrappers around savory centers (Shrimp Cakes in Shiso Leaves, page 66) Bite-sized versions of unwieldy classics for easy grabbing between moves (Caesar Dip with Big Croutons and Romaine, page 18) Edible bases to support tender ingredients (Tuna Tartare on Daikon Slices, page 58) Invative mini containers such as shot glasses for liquid fare (Chilled Avocado Soup with Roasted Pobla Cream, page 112) Neat sweet treats paired with gooey dippers (Brown Butter Pound Cake with Caramel Dip, page 34) And of course, party-friendly drinks poured by the pitcherful (Pomegranate-Mint Fizz, page 138) Cynthia Nims s creative and contemporary recipes will liven up any event where free hands are of the essence, whether you re gathering friends for a poker night, rolling those dice for a board-game party, spicing up your bridge club, planning a family Scrabble tournament, or impressing your book club or knitting group! Indeed, <i>Gourmet Game Night</i> proves that you don t need a fancy night on the town to have fun; instead, gather your friends for satisfying small bites and hopefully a winning streak at home.
- Author BiographyCynthia Nims studied at La Varenne Ecole de Cuisine and assisted owner Anne Willan with various cookbook projects. She has authored or coauthored twelve cookbooks, including <i>Memorable Recipes</i>, <i>Rover s</i>, and the Northwest Homegrown Cookbook series. Cynthia has been editor of <i>Simply Seafood</i> magazine and food editor for <i>Seattle</i><i>Magazine</i>. She contributes to <i>Cooking Light</i>, <i>Coastal Living</i>, and <i>Sunset</i>. Cynthia and her husband live in a house with a game-lover s basement in Seattle, Washington.
- Author(s)Cynthia Nims
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight485 g
- Width189 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.