All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionIn the decade since the Asian financial crisis the ten states of Southeast Asia that form ASEAN, together with China, Japan and South Korea have formed the basis of a community intended to support the well-being of its member states, markets and peoples. This highly successful regionalisation was t anticipated by the region's leaders, however, and as a result, policy makers are increasingly talking about 'meeting fatigue' and the need to find a better way to govern regional affairs. Among the reforms being considered is a shift towards a more rules-based culture as well as the more explicit incorporation of both private sector and civil society organisations into the policy processes. In short, ASEAN+3 is seeking to develop new rms and processes for its networks and institutions. This book explores the pressures currently influencing East Asian regionalist policy debates, analysing the trend towards deeper integration and the emergence of a governance model for managing regional processes. Combining state and subnational perspectives in conjunction with an examination of the role of the business community and civil society organisations, this book highlights the policy challenges confronting regionalism and governance in East Asia, including key issues such as the rule of law, financial cooperation and a case study on disaster management.
- Author BiographyNicholas Thomas is an Associate Professor in the Department of Asian and International Studies at the City University of Hong Kong.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/12/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitlePolitics in Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byNicholas Thomas
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.