All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionWe live in an era of human-dominated ecosystems in which the demand for environmental governance is rising rapidly. At the same time, confidence in the capacity of governments to meet this demand is waning. How can we address the resultant governance deficit and achieve sustainable development? This book brings together perspectives from ecomics, management, and political science in order to identify invative approaches to governance and bring them to bear on environmental issues. The authors' analysis of important cases demonstrates how governance systems need to fit their specific setting and how effective policies can be developed without relying exclusively on government. They argue that the future of environmental policies lies in coordinated systems that simultaneously engage actors located in the public sector, the private sector, and civil society. Governance for the Environment draws attention to cutting-edge questions for practitioners and analysts interested in environmental governance.
- Author BiographyMagali A. Delmas is an Associate Professor of Management at the Institute of the Environment at the University of California, Los Angeles, and Director of the UCLA Center for Corporate Environmental Performance. Oran R. Young is a Professor at the Bren School of Environmental Science & Management at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is also a Co-director of the Program on Governance for Sustainable Development at the Bren School and Director of the Institute of Arctic Studies.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 tables
- Weight600 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMagali A. Delmas,Oran R. Young
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.