All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWestern societies are becoming increasingly complex and challenging to govern, yet the modern state continues to play a central role in governance. This book presents a detailed analysis of the challenges confronting the contemporary state and the processes through which the state addresses those challenges. The notion of 'governing without government' is critiqued; instead, Pierre and Peters argue that what is happening a more a matter of state transformation than state decline.
- Author BiographyJON PIERRE is Professor of Political Science at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden, and Adjunct Professor at the University of Pittsburgh, USA. He previously held a Chair in Politics at the University of Strathclyde. He is author or editor of fifteen books are a large number of journal articles. B. GUY PETERS is Maurice Falk Professor of American Government at the University of Pittsburgh, Research Fellow at the Institute of Public Management at the Catholic University of Leuven, and Senior Fellow of the Canadian Centre for Management Development. He is author or editor of over 50 books in comparative politics, public administration and public policy.
- Author(s)Guy B. Peters,Jon Pierre
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication26/04/2005
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight364 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.