Government and Politics in South Asia by Charles Kennedy, Yogendra K. Malik, Ahmad Ahrar, Robert C. Oberst, Ashok Kapur, Mahendra Lawoti, Syedur Rahman (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $96.88+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive but accessible text provides students with a systematic introduction to the comparative political study of the leading nations of South Asia: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal. The seventh edition is extensively revised and updated, benefiting from the fresh perspective brought on by adding a new author to the team. New material includes discussions of political parties and leaders in India, the Zardari regime and changes to the Pakistani constitution, the rocky relationship between Pakistan and the Obama administration, new prospects and dangers facing Bangladesh, continuing political violence in Sri Lanka, and the troubles facing Nepal as it attempts to draft a new constitution. Organized in parallel fashion to facilitate cross-national comparison, the sections on each nation address several topical areas of inquiry: political culture and heritage, government structure and institutions, political parties and leaders, conflict and resolution, and modernization and development. A statistical appendix provides a concise overview of leading demographic and ecomic indicators for each country, making Government and Politics in South Asia an invaluable addition to courses on the politics of South Asia.
- Author BiographyRobert C. Oberst is professor of political science at Nebraska Wesleyan University. Yogendra K. Malik is professor emeritus of political science at the University of Akron. Charles H. Kennedy is professor of political science at Wake Forest University. Ashok Kapur is distinguished professor emeritus of political science at the University of Waterloo. Mahendra Lawoti is professor of political science at Western Michigan University. Syedur Rahman is director of international sponsored programs at Northern Virginia Community College. Ahrar Ahmad is professor of political science at Black Hills State University in Spearfish, South Dakota.
- Author(s)Ahmad Ahrar,Ashok Kapur,Charles Kennedy,Mahendra Lawoti,Robert C. Oberst,Syedur Rahman,Yogendra K. Malik
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight628 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.