All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyPoliSciLab does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyPoliSciLab, search for for 0134114043 / 9780134114040 Government by the People, 2014 Elections and Updates Edition plus MyPoliSciLab for American Government - Access Card Package, 25/e Package consists of: * 0133914682 / 9780133914689 Government by the People, 2014 Elections and Updates Edition, 25/e * 0133930645 / 9780133930641 MyPoliSciLab for American Government Valuepack Access Card MyPoliSciLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor. For courses in American Government Explore American politics through the Constitution Government by the People provides a thorough, Constitution-based introduction to the foundational principles, processes, and institutions of American government. Throughout, authors David Magleby, Paul Light, and Christine Nemacheck highlight the central role that people play in a constitutional democracy, inspiring students to see how similarities and differences in political beliefs continue to shape government to this day. The 2014 Elections and Updates Edition includes coverage of the major issues in today's headlines to engage students in learning, as well as to boost the relevance of course material to students' lives. Also available with MyPoliSciLab(R) MyPoliSciLab for the American Government course extends learning online, engaging students and improving results. Media resources with assignments bring concepts to life, and offer students opportunities to practice applying what they've learned. And the Writing Space helps educators develop and assess concept mastery and critical thinking through writing, quickly and easily. Please te: this version of MyPoliSciLab does t include an eText. Government by the People, 2014 Elections and Updates Edition is also available via REVEL(TM), an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn.
- Author BiographyDavid B. Magleby is a Distinguished Professor of Political Science at Brigham Young University (BYU). He has been an American Political Science Association Congressional Fellow as well as a Fulbright Scholar. He is recognized for his expertise on direct democracy, voting behavior, and campaign finance. Dave is also the recipient of many teaching awards, including the 1990 Utah Professor of the Year Award, the 2001 Rowman & Littlefield Award for Innovative Teaching in Political Science, and several department and university awards. He served as president of Pi Sigma Alpha, the political science honor society. Paul C. Light is the Paulette Goddard Professor of Public Service at New York University's Wagner School of Public Service. He has worked on Capitol Hill as a senior committee staffer in the U.S. Senate and as an American Political Science Association Congressional Fellow in the U.S. House of Representatives. Paul is the founding director of the Brookings Institution's Center for Public Service and continues his research on how to invite Americans to serve their communities through public service. Christine L. Nemacheck is an Associate Professor of Government at The College of William & Mary. Her research focuses on judicial selection and the role of the courts in a separation of powers system. Chris has received a number of awards for her teaching and research activity, including the Alumni Fellowship Award for excellence in teaching at The College of William & Mary.
- Author(s)Christine L. Nemacheck,David B. Magleby,Paul C. Light
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication19/05/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1139 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement25th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.