All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionGovernments and Markets in East Asia examines the relationship between ecomic performance, elite co-operation, and political regime stability in the context of the Asian crisis, and argues that ecomic crisis is t the cause of greater political harmony or discord, but rather that it serves as a catalyst that may encourage elites to cooperate or conflict depending upon the particular circumstances at the time of crisis. This book maintains that the political consequences of the Asian crisis varied according to the type of elite that existed in each stricken society. Including a comprehensive comparative study of five countries' experiences during the ecomic crisis: Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea and the Philippines, this book investigates the pre-crisis political context and elite configuration of these five countries, and considers what lessons can be drawn from their experiences. Constituting an impressive body of descriptive and theoretical material on the Asian crisis, this book looks towards the implications of ecomic crisis for elite behaviour and political stability.
- Author BiographyJungug Choi is Assistant Professor at the Department of Political Science, Konkuk University, Korea. His main research interests include political party systems, electoral behavior and political economy in East and Southeast Asia.
- Author(s)Jungug Choi
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Malaysian Studies Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.