All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe relationship between mother and daughter is an incomparable blend of affection, comfort, rebellion, pain, frustration, and joy. In Grabbing at Water, mother and daughter Joan and Maddy Lambur explore their extraordinary bond as they recount the events of Maddy's youth and young adulthood -- the successes and struggles, clashes and reconciliations -- telling each story from their very different and equally hilarious points of view. As Joan evolves from a broke, newly single mother living in a Toronto fixer-upper to a high-flying executive, she watches Maddy change too, from a gregarious little girl who struggles in school to a free-spirited, confident teen. Together, they navigate academic crises and health scares, wayward pets and romantic missteps. Joan watches with pride and terror as her daughter asserts her independence for the first time -- and then reasserts it again and again. Maddy, bright and willful, strives to live by her own rules -- even if that means joyriding in her mother's fancy company car, or getting her picture on the front page of the local newspaper at a protest to legalize marijuana. Yet every challenge seemingly designed to test the limits of her mother's love only serves to prove that there are limits. Honest, heartfelt, and witty, the stories in this unique memoir illuminate and celebrate perhaps the most defining relationship we will ever kw -- one that, even at its most difficult, is deeply rewarding and utterly irreplaceable.
- Author BiographyJoan Lambur currently lives north of Toronto and splits her time between her career in the children's entertainment business and taking care of Maddy's dog. Maddy Lambur is currently relocating to New York City where she will continue to write.
- Author(s)Joan Lambur,Madeleine Lambur
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication08/04/2008
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- Content Notef-c cvr
- Weight201 g
- Width142 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.