All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionHollywood star, royal bride, beloved princess - Grace Kelly lived all three roles with a style all of her own. Rewned for her cool beauty and faultless good taste, the young actress stood apart from the other film sirens of the fifties, with 1000s of women, both in the US and Europe, emulating her classic yet accessible style. Her marriage to Prince Rainier of Monaco in 1956 catapulted Grace Kelly to further fame and cemented her influence on the world of fashion. From the Parisian catwalks to the pages of Vogue, the 'Grace Kelly Look' became the look of the moment. This book, the first to look exclusively at Grace's unique style, accompanies an enchanting exhibition at the V&A opening in April 2010. Sumptuously illustrated, the book introduces Grace's glamorous wardrobe as she transformed herself from actress to bride to princess.
- Author BiographyKristina Haugland is Associate Curator of Costume and Textiles at the Philadelphia Museum of Art and author of Grace Kelly: Icon of Style to Royal Bride (2006). Jenny Lister is a curator of Textiles and Fashion at the V&A. She co-curated the V&A exhibition '60s Fashion' and co-edited the accompanying book, Swinging Sixties (V&A 2006). Samantha Erin Safer received her masters from the Royal College of Art and was formerly Assistant Curator of the Fashion and Textile Museum. She contributed to Lucile Ltd. (V&A 2009) and is co-author My Favourite Dress (2009).
- Author(s)Jenny Lister,Kristina Haugland,Samantha Erin Safer
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Out-of-print date14/12/2012
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight785 g
- Width216 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.