All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThese poems written in the eighteenth-century in Bengal, express his passionate devotion for the praise of the Great Mother Goddess -- primarily in her manifestation as Kali, the dark goddess, guardian of the cycles of birth and death. His work emerges from s bhakti-or devotional-tradition, which revolted against the Brahman -- dominated Hindu orthodoxy of the time. These poems traverse a spectrum of moods -- from the wild despair of an abandoned child to the intoxicated hilarity of a man drunk with the Goddess's love.
- Author(s)Ramprasad Sen
- PublisherHohm Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPrescot
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHohm Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight155 g
- Width215 mm
- Height135 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Translated byLeonard Nathan,Clinton Seely
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.