All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe title of this book embodies the authors attitude toward the collection that she presents, using vivid photographs to guide the reader through centuries of lacemaking and embroidery. The author has traveled throughout Europe carefully researching the origin and history of the pieces presented. Information is separated into eight chapters: Lace Trim, Bridal Hankies, Fashion, Society Embroidery, Appenzell-work, Bed Linens, Table Linens, and Miscellaneous Lace and/or Embroidered Pieces. Each chapter includes an overview, detailed descriptions, and photographs, including details that are excellent references for identifying various styles of lace and embroidery. The price range associated with each will help the reader understand the effect age, condition, and workmanship have on value. This book will appeal to beginners and experienced collectors alike.
- Author BiographyDebra Bonito lives in Connecticut. She has been a collector of fine linen and lace for twenty-five years, and frequently presents lectures about them. Photographer Charles Fields lives in Wallingford, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Debra Bonito
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2001
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note388 color photos
- Weight650 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.