All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook is the final volume in a series, compiled by the Registry Of Guitar Tutors, that forms an expertly structured and comprehensive method of studying classical guitar. This handbook covers all the sections of the London College of Music Grade Eight classical guitar examination including: all the set pieces; all scales, arpeggios and chords; sight reading; ear tests; and spoken tests. In addition, there are useful performance tips for all the pieces as well as essential advice on preparing for the examination -- enabling you to study for an internationally recognised qualification. Even if you do t intend to take an examination, studying this handbook will help you to: learn appealing and inspiring pieces from a wide range of styles and periods; improve your sight reading and aural abilities so that you can learn new pieces more easily; develop your technical ability and musical understanding and so achieve your full potential as a guitarist. This volume includes attractive pieces by a wide range of composers including Bach, Scarlatti, Carulli, Giuliani and Tarrega, as well as John William's solo version of Cavatina and Julian Bream's edition of Walton's Bagatelle No.2 -- making it superb value-for-money and an ideal learning resource for those who wish to extend their musical range and improve their playing to a high level.
- Author BiographyTony Skinner has vast knowledge and expertise in most styles of guitar playing, with over 30 years professional guitar playing and teaching experience. Tony is Director of the Registry of Guitar Tutors and Principal Guitar Examiner for London College of Music Exams and has compiled ground-breaking examination syllabuses for electric, acoustic, bass and classical guitar, as well as popular music theory, rock/pop band and popular music vocals. Tony has written over 100 guitar education books and has edited numerous others. Tony has written over 250 teaching columns for Total Guitar (Europes best selling guitar magazine) and regularly writes for other music publications. Tony has made appearances on the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Scottish Television demonstrating how to play guitar, and has been described in several publications as one of the worlds leading guitar educators.
- Author(s)Tony Skinner
- PublisherRegistry Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication11/04/2008
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBexhill-on-Sea
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRegistry Publications Ltd
- Weight182 g
- Width300 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.