All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $56.56Trending at AU $60.86
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionGrains of Sand is a series of vignettes about life on the beach: the people you meet, the flotsam left by the tides, and the stories that get written in the sand. It's about: * A rusted beach chair inscribed best mother ever and the battle to save it from the dump. * A lifeguard who risks her life to save a blind dog from drowning. * A laminated card, found floating in shallow water, showing the emergency exits of a DC-10 aircraft. * A nun who jogs at sunrise while saying her devotions, wearing a black habit and pink running shoes. * The battle between the crows and the seagulls for trash dominance. * The children's kazoo marching band playing God Bless America while bather's stand at attention. It's the humorous story of a trash man who watches the sun rise over the waves each morning, and then sets out to rid the sands of man's environmental transgressions.
- Author BiographyBob Bredin is a retired Wall Street executive who traded the challenges of investing for the life lessons a trash man discovers on the beach.
- Author(s)Bob Bredin
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.