All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGram Parsons was a contradiction in some respects. Most country stars are born into poverty, but Parsons was born to a wealthy family. He briefly studied Theology at Harvard, but embarked on a life of drink and drugs that was to destroy him. Although he died in 1973 aged only 26 his influence has been ermous, with U2, Elvis Costello, Tom Petty and the Rolling Stones amongst his biggest fans. Gram Parsons: God's Own Singer looks at the man and his music, including his relationship with Emmylou Harris and the bizarre events surrounding his death.
- Author BiographyNew Zealand born Jason Walker lives in Sydney, Australia. He is a working musician who both records and tours. A self-confessed Parsons fan, this labour of love took him about 7 years to complete and was his first book.
- Author(s)Jason Walker
- PublisherSoundcheck Books
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSoundcheck Books
- Out-of-print date25/05/2017
- Content Note8
- Weight419 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.