All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionGrammar for Gemara and Targum Onkelos: an Introduction to Aramaic, by Yitzhak Frank, is an exceptional resource for those wishing to read, learn, and translate the Talmud Bavli or Targum Onkelos. It is the standard for Jewish Babylonian Aramaic grammars, comparable in calibre to the leading Latin and Greek ones.
This reference work addresses the common grammatical pitfalls of the classical Hebraist attempting to translate Aramaic. Serious attention to detail found in the typesetting and formatting makes it easy to understand. The binding and high-quality paper makes this book very durable. Although it does deal with syntax and important points of grammar, the main thrust of this publication is about detailing important Aramaic-verb paradigms along with their pertinent background information. The verb tables are what sets this book apart.
This is a must-have publication for anyone wanting to study the Talmud or Gemara in Aramaic.
- Author(s)Yitzhak Frank
- PublisherToby Press Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2016
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintToby Press Ltd
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.