All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionNot only an indispensable reference resource, Grammar of Septuagint Greek is also an ideal reader for anyone wishing to study the Septuagint in the original language. A reprint of the standard Septuagint grammar originally titled Selections from the Septuagint, this invaluable volume includes: an extensive introduction to the origin, inspiration, date, supremacy, and Greek of the Septuagint; the grammar proper with major sections covering accidence and syntax; and extensive selected readings with in-depth introductions and full textual and grammatical tes--especially helpful for the student of New Testament Greek wishing to develop language skills through reading less familiar texts. Helpful improvements to this new edition include updated indexes of ancient sources and significant Greek words from the readings; a convenient and complete vocabulary with definitions; and an alphabetical list of proper uns from the readings, with translations.
- Author BiographyF. C. Conybeare (1856-1924) was an Armenian scholar and a Fellow of University College, Oxford, who devoted himself to research in church history and in the textual criticism of the Septuagint and the New Testament. His other works include Myth, Magic and Morals, a Study of Christian Origins and The Historical Christ. <p/>George Stock was a classical scholar whose writings and studies focused on Plato, Aristotle, and Stoicism, in addition to Septuagint studies.
- Author(s)F C Conybeare
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication04/12/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight522 g
- Width137 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.