All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTell more effective visual stories by learning the grammar of cinematic language with this elegant, accessible reference. Discover what you absolutely need to kw to cut your own film or video, shot by shot. Whether you're a whiz with Avid or just discovered iMovie, the third edition of Grammar of the Edit gives you the answers to those all-important questions: WHEN to cut and WHY. Designed as an easy-to-use guide, the book presents each topic succinctly with clear photographs and diagrams illustrating the key concepts, and is a staple of any serious editor's or filmmaker's library. The companion website, www.focalpress.com/cw/bowen, offers further instruction with video examples of different editing choices, types of shot transitions, photographs to further illustrate concepts, and exercises to practice your editing craft. New to this edition: * Expanded discussions of the building blocks of editing * Fresh illustrations and visual examples * Updated appendices with helpful resources * Exercises and projects to help you practice your skills * End-of-chapter quizzes to test your grasp of key concepts A simple and clear overview of the principles of editing, Grammar of the Edit, Third Edition will help you to think and feel like an editor. Together with its companion volume, Grammar of the Shot, these books are exactly what the beginning filmmaker needs to start producing professional quality material today!
- Author BiographyChristopher J. Bowen has worked within the motion media industries for over 15 years as a cinematographer, editor, director, and educator. Currently, he is an Assistant Professor of film production and visual media writing at Framingham State University. Professor Bowen is also an Avid Certified Instructor, Creative Director at his own media production company, Fellsway Creatives, and author of the companion text, Grammar of the Shot, Third Edition. Roy Thompson (deceased) was a freelance director and frequently worked as a trainer for the Television Training Centre of Deutsche Welle, Berlin. He worked extensively in Europe, Africa, and Middle and Far Eastern countries. He was author of Grammar of the Shot, First Edition also published by Focal Press.
- Author(s)Christopher J. Bowen,Roy Thompson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note199 black & white halftones, 104 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.