Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionMany students have forgotten, or never learned, the basic grammatical concepts needed for studying Biblical Hebrew. Explanations of these concepts in Hebrew grammar textbooks are either too skimpy or too complex. Grammatical Concepts 101 for Biblical Hebrew fills this gap. In this complement to standard classroom grammars, veteran language instructor and Hebrew scholar Gary Long revisits English grammar in order to teach more effectively concepts that are specific to Hebrew. Arranged to supplement teaching grammars, each chapter takes up individual concepts, first explaining how the concept works in English, then illustrating its use in Biblical Hebrew. Long explains, for example, voice, tense, aspect, mood, participles, independent and dependent clauses, adjectives, adverbs, prouns, even discourse analysis and translation theory in easy-to-understand language. Abundant English and Hebrew examples illustrate each concept, most of them visually analyzed. Glosses and translations help students grasp the Hebrew examples.
- Author BiographyGary A. Long is professor of Hebrew Bible and ancient Near Eastern studies at Bethel University in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Gary A Long
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication20/09/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Out-of-print date05/12/2014
- Content Notefigures
- Weight408 g
- Width180 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.