CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first comprehensive study of Grammatical Metaphor in the Chinese language. As the most important theoretical invation of Systemic Functional Linguistics in the past three decades, Grammatical Metaphor has been extensively studied in relation to the English language. There has been very little research describing and analysing in depth the phemen of Grammatical Metaphor and other languages. The book discusses the identification, categorization and deployment of Grammatical Metaphor in Chinese and compares these aspects of Grammatical Metaphor in Chinese with those in English. In addition, Grammatical Metaphor in Chinese looks t just at ideational but also at interpersonal Grammatical Metaphor with corpora consisting of both written texts and spoken discourses. This will provide a more comprehensive understanding of the phemen and set up a framework for further analysis of the interaction between two types of Grammatical Metaphor.
- Author BiographyYang Yanning is Professor of Linguistics at East China Normal University.
- Author(s)Yanning Yang
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Weight303 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.