All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarco Polo Gran Canaria:the Travel Guide with Insider Tips Most travellers want to have fun and feel relaxed from the moment they arriveat their holiday destination - that's what Marco Polo Guides are all about.This new series will appeal to all types of travellers, including those whohaven't bought a travel guide in the past! Marco Polo's unique insider tips arepeppered throughout the guide - offering a real insight into the destination. Experience all the attractions of Gran Canaria with this up-to-date andauthoritative guide, complete with Best Of recommendations. You'll discoverhotels, restaurants, and the trendiest places to go, as well as tips forshopping and getting by on a low budget. There are also ideas for thosetravelling with children and for active pursuits as well as a summary of theisland's main festivals and events. Further sections include: Travel Tips,Links, Blogs, Apps & more, Spanish phrase book and index. It's never boring on Gran Canaria: paradise beaches, rugged mountains andimmense sand dunes entice the visitor, as does the big city atmosphere of thecapital Las Palmas. Diving, walking, windsurfing, enjoying the nightlife orsimply relaxing, with the assurance of year-round sunshine. This island withits volcanic origins lies just 85 miles from the coast of Africa. MARCO POLO Gran Canaria leads you all around the island with its varied, oftenbreathtaking scenery and impressive flora. The Insider Tips recommend aromantic place to stay in the mountains and tell you where you can dance thenight away to hot salsa and Latin rhythms. The Best Of pages highlight someunique aspects of Gran Canaria, recommend places to go for free, and have tipsfor things to do if it rains and where you can relax and be pampered, whilepanels in each chapter suggest things to do if you're on a tight budget andwhere you might pick up some real bargains. The Excursions & Tours chapter leads you from the south into the interiorand through rugged mountain terrain to the highest viewing point on the island.Water sports are the main activity on Gran Canaria, but in the Sports &Activities chapter landlubbers will also find out where the best climbing areasand biking trails are to be found. Finally the Dos & Don'ts advise you tobeware of free island tours and fake goods, and warn against unprotected sex. MARCO POLO Gran Canaria provides comprehensive coverage of all parts of theisland. To help you find your way around there's a detailed Road Atlas, usefultown maps of Las Palmas, Maspalomas, Playa del Ingles and San Agustin in thecover, plus a separate pull-out map.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of highquality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for theirhandy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and ourSpiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the highquality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication25/09/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps +
- Weight245 g
- Width106 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Sheet map
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $21.82
- AU $40.90Trending at AU $47.31
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $20.40
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $27.47
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.72
- AU $28.16Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.