All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionCan we understand worship in a way that transcends style, relevance, and aesthetics? Taking into account the most contested issues of the worship wars, prominent New Testament scholar Edith Humphrey shows how the act of entering into God's presence is central to all true Christian worship. Regardless of worship style, when we come into God's presence, we praise God alongside angels and with the whole of creation. <p/>Seeking to reclaim the forgotten theme of worship as entry into God's presence, Humphrey shows its prominence in the Bible, providing an accessible but thorough study of the Old and New Testaments. She analyzes key moments in church history to show how worship developed in Eastern and Western churches. She also draws insights from healthy worshiping communities around the globe. The book offers practical guidance to worship directors, pastors, thoughtful lay readers, and students with regards to balanced and faithful worship.
- Author BiographyEdith M. Humphrey (PhD, McGill University) is the William F. Orr Professor of New Testament at Pittsburgh Theological Seminary in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She is the author of several books, including Ecstasy and Intimacy: When the Holy Spirit Meets the Human Spirit, and of numerous articles on the literary and rhetorical study of the Bible.
- Author(s)Edith M. Humphrey
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrazos Press, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight349 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.