All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- Description<b>Sourced from archives around the world, a collection of all the most exciting Grand Prix images</b> Formula 1 Grand Prix racing is the ultimate motorsport. The fastest cars, the biggest budgets, the highest rewards and the most glamorous fans all make it compelling viewing. For decades Grand Prix photographers have shot some of the most exciting images the sports world have ever seen and w the very best of them are brought together. Rarely seen collections of photographs tell the fascinating story of Grand Prix racing from its early beginnings in France with the Automobile Club France in 1906 through the golden years of the 1930s right through the glory years of F1 in the 1960s and 1970s to the extraordinary cars and highly paid drivers of the present day. Carefully researched profiles examine the great drivers and the great cars; the techlogical wizardry of the designers and developers; the great rivalries between drivers and teams that creates champions; the massive commercial business within the sport; the fine balance between danger and safety; the Grand Prix weekend from first practice to the winner's podium; and the great circuits that have hosted some of the most unforgettable races of all time. The publishers have scoured Getty Images and many private collections round the world to create a unique, lavishly Illustrated hardcover book featuring work from some of the most rewned photographers in Formula 1, including Rainer Schlegemilch, and a compelling history.
- Author Biography<b>Bruce Vigar</b> has been a documentarian for more than 20 years, for both TV and home entertainment. He is a former F1 photographer.
- Author(s)Bruce Vigar
- PublisherDanann Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDanann Publishing Limited
- Weight1293 g
- Width274 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.