All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, the stories of every venue to host a Formula One World Championship race have been brought together with bespoke digital maps of each track to create the ultimate guide to the circuits of F1. Written by award-winning journalist Maurice Hamilton with a foreword from three-time World Champion Sir Jackie Stewart. The book explores all 71 circuits that have hosted a Grand Prix, detailing each one's history and heritage. It also includes contemporary photography and detailed maps created by Collins, the world-leading publisher of maps and atlases, making it an essential purchase or gift for any racing fan. Readers will uncover little-kwn facts about famous circuits and discover the story behind some of the sport's lesser-kwn venues, such as the lethal four-cornered Avus track in Germany, the rectangular Ain-Diab circuit on the shores of Casablanca and Japan's remote Tanaka International Circuit. The book features each track in chrological order, starting with Monza, then taking in rewned locations such as Spa, Nurburgring, Monaco and Silverstone, all the way up to F1's latest destination, Sochi. Each course map is accompanied by an array of statistics including circuit lengths, lap records and even the names of corners and straights. It also features alphabetical and 'by country' indices for ease of reference.
- Author BiographyFull-time Formula One journalist since 1977, and has attended over 500 Grand Prix as a working journalist. Previously an award-winning writer for leading British newspapers, including The Observer, The Guardian and The Independent; Grand Prix editor for Racer magazine; editor of the Autocourse Grand Prix annual; and Commentator for BBC Radio 5 Live at Grand Prix events, Hamilton is also the author of more than twenty books.
- Author(s)Maurice Hamilton
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1460 g
- Width227 mm
- Height271 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.