All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the tradition of CATCH ME IF YOU CAN comes the true story of one of the world's greatest jewel thiefs and masters of deception. By day a mild-mannered family man, by night a torious cat burglar, during his 30-year career Bill Mason relieved the rich and famous of more than $50 million worth of jewellery. Having charmed his way into the inner circles of high society, Mason stole millions from celebrities like Bob Hope, Truman Capote, Phyllis Diller, the original Tarzan Johnny Weissmuller- and even the Mob. Along the way he seduced a beautiful socialite into leaving her prominent husband, nearly died after being shot escaping a robbery, tricked both Christie's and Sotheby's into fencing stolen goods for him, became the object of a nationwide manhunt and spent five years on the run as a fugitive from justice, and for all that served less than three years in prison. Shadowy, elusive and intensely private he always worked alone and never carried a gun or used violence this seemingly ordinary guy one suspected of even cheating at cards at last tells it all, holds barred.And the real story is far more incredible than any of the reporters, detectives or FBI agents who pursued him could ever have imagined.
- Author(s)Bill Mason
- PublisherTransworld Publishers (Division of Random House Australia)
- Date of Publication03/05/2004
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationMilsons Piont
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Weight350 g
- Height210 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.