Grandmother's Household Secrets: Traditional Wisdom, Hints and Tips for Using Natural Ingredients in the Home by Margaret Briggs (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 18 Oct
- AU $15.86Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers traditional wisdom, hints and tips for using natural ingredients in the home. These are five classic volumes filled with hundreds of timeless household hints and tips for using bicarbonate of soda, vinegar, salt, lemon and honey. There are delicious culinary ideas and recipes for these age-old ingredients, with surefire salad dressings and marinades, pickles and preserves, cakes and bakes. It is brimming with traditional household uses, such as cleaning kettles, removing ink from the carpet, making a hair rinse and removing grease spills. You can learn about the medicinal and health benefits that these old-fashioned yet effective remedies can bring your family - from relieving tired muscles and treating wounds and headaches to soothing sore throats and strengthening your immune system. It features a description and history of each ingredient, and a guide to the many varieties that are available. This super collection of practical volumes is packed with hundreds of home cures, household hints and recipes for five staple store cupboard ingredients. Bicarbonate of Soda provides versatile cleaning solutions and a range of recipes; Vinegar explores one of nature's most miraculous products, capable of doing the jobs of hundreds of household substances; Salt gives great advice about both cooking and cleaning with this essential mineral; Lemon looks at the nutritional, beauty and health uses of citrus fruits; and Honey contains culinary recipes, beauty tips and health benefits. Together, the five books offer essential information and inspirational ideas that will both help and delight every householder.
- Author BiographyMargaret Briggs was a teacher for more than 30 years working in a variety of schools. Since leaving teaching she has had more time for gardening and cooking, and has embarked on a second career as a freelance writer, researcher and editor, alongside her writer husband.
- Author(s)Margaret Briggs
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1633 g
- Width115 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine79 mm
- Contained items statement5 Paperbacks
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.