All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith gentle visual humour, Jutta Bauer's simple story shows how Grandpa's charmed life may be due to someone special watching over him all along. This little boy's grandpa tells him stories whenever he visits. He tells how thing ever seemed to hurt him. Every morning as a boy, he would run past the big statue of an angel on his way to school, and bullies, buses, high trees, deep lakes - ne could touch him. Even through war, hunger and unemployment, and all the strange things life threw at him, Grandpa's angel - though never specifically mentioned - is always at his shoulder, looking out for him.
- Author BiographyJutta Bauer was born in Volksdorf, Hamburg. After studying at the Technical College of Design in Hamburg, she then worked as a children's book illustrator and as cartoonist. Jutta won the Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis (German Youth Literature Award) in 2001 for the picture book Schreimutter, which she wrote and illustrated. In 2010 Jutta received the Hans Christian Andersen Award for illustration. She currently resides in Hamburg.
- Author(s)Jutta Bauer
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Weight137 g
- Width173 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.63
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $19.66Trending at AU $22.38
- AU $12.02Trending at AU $17.22
- AU $16.71Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $11.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.