All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionHomesteaders and preppers everywhere rejoice! Now for the first time in print, here is an eclectic collection and anthology of practical and inspirational writing from the classic small farm and homesteading blog, GRANNY MILLER. Written from a traditional agrarian point of view, this book examines the mindset, outlook and attitudes necessary to successfully pursue a long-term life of homesteading and self-reliance. Illustrated with black and white images from life, the n-electric and off-grid topics include: home heating with wood and coal; oil lamps; basic cook stove advice and operation; and an extensive and indispensable treadle sewing machine chapter. Many of the popular tions of contemporary preparedness, prepping and the modern survivalist movement are challenged and assessed in this book. Insights and advice regarding meat rabbits, chamber pots and general homestead management and philosophy are discussed by way of questions from readers. Grounded in old-time common sense, Katherine Grossman shares a depth of experience that sets this book apart from many other books in the genre. A born contrarian, Mrs. Grossman's written work is passionately original and has always been peppered with plenty of strong opinion. This book is certainly exception. It is an absolute must read for anyone exploring the path to a life of greater self-reliance or intentional living.
- Author BiographyKatherine Grossman was born and raised in the greater Washington, D.C area. But for the last 30 years Mrs. Grossman has lived a life of deliberate self-reliance in rural Western Pennsylvania. She loves to garden, knit mittens; makes a killer meatloaf and has been known to deliver triplet lambs with her eyes closed.
- Author(s)Katherine Grossman
- PublisherGranny Miller Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGranny Miller Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight154 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.