All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe beloved granny square is the crocheter's foundation for countless projects and is adored for its portability, versatility, and endless variety. With The Granny Square Book, Margaret Hubert showed how the humble granny makes the transition from tried-and-true blankets to all kinds of fashionable garments and accessories. Now, in Granny Square Flowers, Margaret presents 50 all-new granny squares with a botanical theme, then, using beautiful yarns and her keen design sense, she broadens their usefulness to making 15 new projects that will have you saying, Wow, I didn't kw I could make that with granny squares! Each granny square is presented in a large, full-colour photo accompanied by both written and diagrammed instructions. All sample squares are crocheted in bright colors of smooth cotton yarn to clearly show the stitch patterns. Projects using the floral granny squares include clothing for babies, children, and adults; fashion accessories, home decor items, and gifts. These projects use a wide variety of yarn types, fiber content, and weights--both LYS brands and big box brands-to demonstrate the versatility of granny squares. All yarn descriptions are included in generic terms with gauge and hook size information so you can easily substitute other choices.
- Author BiographyMARGARET HUBERT is the author of more than 20 crochet and knitting books, including Plus Size Crochet, Knits for Men, Knit or Crochet-Have It Your Way, The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet, The Complete Photo Guide to Knitting, The Granny Square Book, Lacework for Adventurous Crocheters, and Runway Crochet. She has enjoyed a lifelong career designing both crochet and knit patterns for yarn companies and book and magazine publishers. Margaret also teaches at yarn shops, retreats, and national gatherings, and rarely misses a national conference in the needle arts field. A word traveler, Margaret pays close attention to the fashions in Europe and spots trends as they hit New York. In 2012, in fitting tribute to Margaret's lifelong work as a needle art designer, the Crochet Guild of America inducted her into their Jean Leinhauser Crochet Hall of Fame. margaretshooksandneedles.blogspot.com/ www.ravelry.com/designers/margaret-hubert
- Author(s)Margaret Hubert
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBeverly
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreative Publishing International, US
- Content Note100 color photos
- Weight676 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsWire-O
Most relevant reviews
- yvonmarr13 Jul, 2017by
Great book. Very useful.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $33.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.