All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $86.71
About this product
- DescriptionThis ultimate guide to collecting and using graphic vels in a school library is written by an elementary librarian out of her experience as a teacher librarian who uses graphic vels in her library media center for instruction and to advance pleasure reading. Her husband and co-author is employed by the comic book industry and is very kwledgeable about the history and development of this increasingly popular type of book. The book contains lesson plans linked to school curriculums for all ages plus a discussion of why graphic vels are useful with certain types of readers, particularly boys and reluctant readers. It feature helpful information and lists for collection development including reviews, reviewing sources, jobbers, Web sties and publisher contact information and posits reasons to help the librarian defend the use of graphic vels with students. Chapters about partnerships with local comic book stores and interviews with librarian users add to this title's usefulness. Illustrated with pages from popular graphic vels, this book will pique the interest of librarians and teachers who just love to read.
- Author BiographyALLYSON A. W. LYGA is an elementary library media specialist in Maryland. BARRY LYGA works for Diamond Comic Book Distributors.
- Author(s)Allyson Lyga,Barry Lyga
- Date of Publication30/06/2004
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationEnglewood
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLibraries Unlimited Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight477 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.