All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionPlaying with Graphic Style is a lively and playful approach to discovering different design styles. This engaging guide begins with an introduction to the philosophy of learning through the process of play. This series of experimental design projects will cover the distinctions between a personal and universal style, historical and contemporary style, one-of-a kind styles and how lettering, type and typography often define style. The awareness and sensitivity to type styles, forms, and type choices gained through these visual experiments will increase the designer's confidence in their personal and professional work. This book can be used in the classroom or independently, and readers can go directly to exercises that appeal to them. Don't be afraid to try something different! Playing with Graphic Style offers 50 experiments that apply the fundamental principles of graphic design in a way that is creative, fun and interactive.
- Author BiographySTEVEN HELLER is the co-chair of MFA Design (Designer as Author + Entrepreneur) at the School of Visual Arts in New York and the co-founder of MFA Design Criticism, MFA Interaction Design, MPS Branding and MFA Products of Design. He is the author or editor of over 135 books, contributor to EYE, Print and Baseline, and writes The Daily Heller blog. He is the recipient of the 2011 National Design Award, Design Mind.
- Author(s)Steven Heller
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitlePlaying
- Place of PublicationGloucester, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content Note250 color photos
- Weight717 g
- Width235 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.