Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe Grateful Dead were a group like other. At once, pioneers of the West Coast sound, a genre-breaking good-time band, reluctant figureheads for a generation and an American institution, they inspired hippies, Hell's Angels, beat poets and politicians. Now celebrating their 50th anniversary, Grateful Dead chronicles how, without significant airplay or chart success, they became the most successful touring act in rock history. These anti-stars were pin-ups but virtuoso musicians, who millions saw live, propelling the 'Deadheads' to become the world's most fervent and celebrated fan base. Containing over 2,000 photographs, many rare or unseen, capture the most pivotal moments. Plus seminal posters, fan memorabilia and musical ephemera. Showcasing all the albums and landmark songs, plus key tours and events, this is more than just a book on the Grateful Dead, it is a history of American counter-culture and of an age a little more incent.
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- Out-of-print date21/12/2016
- Weight2444 g
- Width255 mm
- Height301 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.