All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionConstructing graves is a uniquely human activity. When the grave is hidden it is most likely done so to conceal a murder or the wrongful disposal of a body. Finding these buried bodies is vital for both a successful legal prosecution as well as the emotional closure required for family and friends of the victim. This unique text provides a compact reference for those who find themselves called upon to search for missing persons who have met a tragic fate. Other readers will find a greater understanding of the science and culture that lies behind clandestine graves, so often a key component of both real life and fiction.
- Author BiographyKathryn Powell obtained her PhD from the University of Adelaide in 2006 after pioneering work at Australia's first body farm designed to research detection of hidden graves in Australia's unique dry and uncompacted soil. She currently works as a consultant forensic anthropologist on both hidden graves as well as the anthropology of Aboriginal sites of significance.
- Author(s)Kathryn Powell
- PublisherAustralian Academic Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBowen Hills, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAustralian Academic Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight223 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.