Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.09
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionTake a Southern Gothic journey through South Carolina's cemeteries and celebrate the bizarre and the beautiful words written in Stone. This tome of tombs provides a unique view of the State's history, culture and people and includes epitaphs of the famous, everyday people, Slaves and Indians. As an added bonus, the book includes never-before-seen photographs of Mrs. Sophia Nance, a woman who was thought to be so beautiful, she was buried with a glass window over her face. Other entries include: Alice, the Ghost of the Hermitage; the torious Pitchfork Ben Tillman, Melvin Purvis G-Man ; and members of the Marshall Tucker Band.
- Author BiographyTrained as a documentary filmmaker with a background in Land Surveying, Craig Metts was born and raised in Columbia, South Carolina. His undergraduate work includes degrees in History and Media and a Masters of Media Arts from USC. Currently, he lives in the greater Columbia area with his wife and two sons.
- Author(s)Craig Metts
- PublisherCatmoon Media
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCatmoon Media
- Out-of-print date22/12/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.