All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a cultural tour of the burial places of Southern musicians. It hors the gravesites of men and women who formed modern American music - over 300 blues, country and rock musicians from New Orleans to Kentucky. The gravesites of well-kwn musicians such as Bill Monroe, Tammy Wynette, Duane Allman and Mahalia Jackson are visited, as well as the final resting places of dozens of less well kwn, but vitally important, American musicians. Many pictures of gravesites are included, along with specific directions to burial sites. The book is especially thorough in relation to the most important cities in Southern music - Nashville, New Orleans and Memphis.
- Author BiographyClinical psychologist <b>Edward Amos</b> has been the host of radio programs featuring Southern music for the last 12 years, concentrating on the musical heritage of Louisiana, and R&B and gospel music of the 1940s through the 1960s. He lives in Collierville, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Edward Amos
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication31/05/2002
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note165 photographs, references, bibliography, index
- Weight272 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.