Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $284.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $47.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionNow more than ever, Gravitation and Spacetime, Second Edition, by Hans C. Ohanian and new coauthor Remo Ruffini, deserves John Wheeler's praise as the best book on the market today of 500 pages or less on gravitation and general relativity. Gravitation and Spacetime has been thoroughly updated with the most exciting finds and hottest theoretical topics in general relativity and cosmology. Highlights of the revision include the rise and fall of the fifth force, principles and applications of gravitational lensing, COBE's spectacular confirmation of the blackbody spectrum of the cosmic thermal radiation, theories of dark matter and inflation, and the early universe as a testing ground for particle physicists' unification theories, and much, much more. The ideal choice for a graduate-level introduction to general relativity, Gravitation and Spacetime is also suitable for an advanced undergaduate course.
- Author BiographyHans C. Ohanian received his B.S. from the University of California, Berkeley, and his Ph.D. from Princeton University, where he worked with John A. Wheeler. He has taught at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Union College, and the University of Vermont. He is the author of several textbooks spanning all undergraduate levels: Physics, Principles of Physics, Relativity: A Modern Introduction, Modern Physics, Principles of Quantum Mechanics, Classical Electrodynamics, and, with Remo Ruffini, Gravitation and Spacetime. He is also the author of dozens of articles dealing with gravitation, relativity, and quantum theory, including many articles on fundamental physics published in the American Journal of Physics, where he served as associate editor for some years. He lives in Vermont. Remo Ruffini is the Chair of Theoretical Physics at the University of Rome, where he received his Ph. D., and has also taught at Princeton University. He is an editor of the International Journal of Modern Physics and has acted as an adviser to NASA and the Italian Space Agency. In addition to Gravitation and Spacetime, a partial listing of his published works include Cosmology from Space Platforms, Black Holes, Gravitational Waves and Cosmology, Basic Concepts in Relativistic Astrophysics, Gamow Cosmology, and various articles and edited volumes.
- Author(s)Hans C. Ohanian,Remo Ruffini
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication21/12/1994
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight1120 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.