Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.14
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.37
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.78
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $12.89Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $20.49Trending at AU $26.08
About this product
- DescriptionMarkus Gram leads a four man team comprised of ex-SWAT and special forces operators on a routine escort mission from the Baghdad International Airport to the Green Zone for Gray Talon Group, a private military contracting firm operating in support of the Coalition mission in Iraq. During their return trip, insurgents posing as Coalition soldiers attack their convoy and take their principal, Jennifer Feng hostage. Grams team is forced to make a decision. Follow the rules and wait, hoping thing happens to their lost package, or go off the reservation and perform an illegal prisoner rescue. During their rescue mission, a shadowy figure emerges. His name is Nathanial Meer. Call sign Meercat, this ex-Navy SEAL and Gray Talon Group operator has been tasked by a secret intelligence gathering arm, kwn only to a few members of Gray Talon Group itself. They are kwn only as the Maintenance and Operational Protocol Division or MOP for short. Meer has been assigned to track, identify and destroy a terror plot to kill hundreds of Coalition troops using advanced and nearly undetectable munitions and Jennifer Feng is a key element to his plans. Gram and his Talon Team's illegal rescue triggers a show down between Meer, Gram, and the terror cell operating in Iraq. Meer, Gram and his team are pushed together by circumstance and form a new MOP unit with one goal. Take the fight to the enemy and win, at all costs. Gray Talon Group is a time-relevant fiction vel set in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Japan, China and the United States that exposes t only the flaws in the use of private military contractors in the Global War on Terror but also reveals the usefulness of such entities and humanizes the operators, many of whom are from the ranks of the nations most elite military special forces and police agencies.
- Author BiographyShawn Phillips is a former Navy STG and Basic Underwater Demolition / SEAL candidate in BUD/S class 229. After leaving the United States Navy, the author returned to college, completing a Bachelor's in International Studies and a Master's in Public Administration and Intergovernmental Affairs from the University of South Florida. He is the son of a homicide detective and a hospital administrative secretary. The author enjoys the study of history, languages and cultures, adventure sports, shooting sports, political science, and international affairs. A guest lecturer at Toyo University and an Instructor at Meisei University and the English Language Education Council in Tokyo Japan, the author is an American citizen residing in Tokyo. He is thirty two years old.
- Author(s)Shawn D Phillips
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWar Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.