All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, the Spitfire, Lancaster, Messerschmitt, Mustang and Flying Fortress are shown in 500 photographs and illustrations. It is a visual guide to five classic wartime aircraft from 1939-1945: the Supermarine Spitfire, Avro Lancaster, Messerschmitt 109, North American P-51 Mustang and Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress. It includes technical specifications detailing each aircraft's armament, power plant, dimensions, weight and performance. It features over 500 action and identification photographs, as well as cutaway diagrams showing the interior construction of these iconic aircraft. The five aircraft described in this book - the Spitfire, Lancaster, Messerschmitt, Mustang and Flying Fortress - emerged from World War II as the truly outstanding designs of that period. This book examines the course of these planes' construction, development, introduction into service and subsequent career in action. Each aircraft is described in detail, with a cutaway drawing to show its interior parts.Combined with numerous eyewitness accounts from pilots and more than 500 identification photographs, the book provides a fascinating insight into the nature of air combat during the most invative period in wartime history.
- Author BiographyDr Alfred Price served as an aircrew officer in the RAF and then became an aviation historian and writer. He is acknowledged as a leading authority on the Spitfire. Mike Spick has written over 40 books on military aviation, including Luftwaffe Bomber Aces, Allied Fighter Aces and Luftwaffe Fighter Aces.
- Author(s)Dr. Alfred Price,Mike Spick
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication13/10/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 500 photographs
- Weight640 g
- Width171 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.