Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $12.33Trending at AU $19.72
About this product
- Description'Great Art Thefts' examines famous art crimes and the hunt to find the thieves. Part of the Treasure Hunters series, 'Great Art Thefts' offers a cross-curricular mix of science & techlogy and history, with a fun, dramatic approach. Art thefts covered in the book include the Mona Lisa, the Scream, the Millennium theft from the Ashmolean Museum, and the greatest ever single art theft: the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum heist. The book also looks at the motives for these crimes, and the measure that can be taken to protect valuable works of art from unscrupulous criminals.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Guillain worked as a bookseller, an English teacher and an editor before becoming an author. She has written more than 100 books, both fiction and non-fiction. She always wanted to be a writer and her top tip is to read as much as you can. Martin Bustamante is an illustrator and painter from Argentina. At the age of 3 he was able to draw a horse starting by the tail as his mother always says. As a teenager he was inspired by fascinating worlds full of colors, shapes, and atmospheres found in movies and books such as Star Wars and Prince Valiant. Drawing and painting quickly became Martin's passions and he began working as a professional illustrator. Martin's work has appeared in several publications from Argentina, the United States, and Europe.
- Author(s)Charlotte Guillain
- PublisherCapstone Global Library Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleIgnite: Treasure Hunters
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width146 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Martin Bustamante
- Format DetailsSewn
- Interest AgeFrom 11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.