All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe people youâ²ll meet will touch your heart as Swampy brings to life all the drama and delight of life in outback Australia. Thereâ²s the story of Frederick Aloysius Millard, the only dog ever to become a member of a Citizens Club in Australia, thanks to the vote of a woman who was sure sheâ²d been introduced to this â²eccentricâ² man twenty years back; the man who refused to go to the doctor after being shot, because heâ²d been hit in a very unfortunate spot ... which made it obvious heâ²d been shot while running away; the unfortunate bloke who tried to blow a snake out of the dunny but ended up nearly taking himself out of existence ... if thereâ²s a good story out there, Swampyâ²s captured it for this book. Long after the last tale has been told, youâ²ll still hear laughter from the pub, the crash of a drunken donkey falling in a trench and recall the time ... they found this bloke, sitting in the main street at 3 oâ²clock in the morning, hammering one of those survey pegs in the ground. So they said, â²What the hell are you doing?â² And this drunk feller replies, â²Iâ²m driving a peg inta the arsehole of the world.â² Award-winning writer Bill â²Swampyâ² Marsh collects yarns that get us in, hook, line and sinker. He gives us back our childhood and shares those precious memories of an Australia thatâ²s passing into legend.
- Author BiographyBill Marsh is the author of the very successful series of 'Great Australian' stories including: The Complete Book of Australian Flying Doctor Stories (2013), New Great Australian Flying Doctor Stories (2010), The ABC Book of Great Aussie Stories of Young People (2010), Great Australian Stories - Outback Towns and Pubs (2009), More Great Australian Flying Doctor Stories (2007), Great Australian Railway Stories (2005), Great Australian Droving Stories (2003), Great Australian Shearing Stories (2001) and Great Australian Flying Doctor Stories (1999). Bill's story of Goldie was published in 2008, and Swampy, a revised edition a Bill's first three books, Beckom Pop. 64, Old Yanconian Daze and Looking for Dad, was published in 2012.
- Author(s)Bill Marsh
- PublisherABC Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2013
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintABC Books
- Weight318 g
- Width128 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.