All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreat Expectations charts the progress of Pip from childhood through often painful experiences to adulthood, as he moves from the Kent marshes to busy, commercial London, encountering a variety of extraordinary characters ranging from Magwitch, the escaped convict, to Miss Havisham, locked up with her unhappy past and living with her ward, the arrogant, beautiful Estella. Pip must discover his true self, and his own set of values and priorities. Whether such values allow one to prosper in the complex world of early Victorian England is the major question posed by Great Expectations, one of Dickens's most fascinating, and disturbing, vels. This edition includes the original, discarded ending, Dickens's brief working tes, and the serial instalments and chapter divisions in different editions. It also uses the definitive Clarendon text.
- Author BiographyGeorge Bernard Shaw (1856-1950) was a leading playwright of the twentieth century. His plays include Man and Superman (1905), Major Barbara (1905), Pygmalion (1913), and Saint Joan (1923).
- Author(s)Charles Dickens,Monica Kulling
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication19/11/1996
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBullseye step into classics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Children's Books
- Out-of-print date24/11/2015
- Weight84 g
- Width134 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition StatementRandom House Bullseye Books ed
- Reading AgeFrom 2 to 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.