Great Games for Young Children: Over 100 Games to Develop Self-Confidence, Problem-Solving Skills, and Cooperation by Rae Pica (Paperback / softback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.74+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs I was setting up for a staff development workshop one night, I overheard one teacher tell ather about a little girl who d had a terrible crying jag over being eliminated from a game of Simon Says. The second teacher clucked in sympathy and the conversation moved on from there. There was discussion of the fact that perhaps the game should be modified in the future so it didn t make children feel bad that the intention of a game is to have fun. You ve witnessed it yourself, I m sure: Children chosen last for teams; children sitting against the wall, watching forlornly as their classmates continue to play Hot Potato without them; and children who engage in the most atrocious behaviors to ensure they re t the ones eliminated from a game of Musical Chairs Rae Pica, author of the new book Great Games for Young Children The games in this book provide benefits for the whole child, meaning each game benefits all three domains of child development: cognitive, social/emotional, and physical. These new and classic games, each with a ncompetitive twist, are sure to get children up and moving. You ll find everything you need to kw to play over 100 great games, including outside games, musical games, circle games, concept games, and cooperative games. Perfect for rainy days, sunny days, and every day, each game in this book offers heart rate raising, team-building, friend-filled fun!Rae Pica has been a movement education consultant for 25 years. She is nationally kwn for her lively workshops and keyte speeches and has shared her expertise with such groups as the Sesame Street Research Department, the Head Start Bureau, Gymboree Play & Music Centers, The Centers for Disease Control, and Nickelodeon's Blue's Clues. She lives in New Hampshire.
- Author BiographyRae Pica has been a children's movement specialist since 1980. She is the founder/director of Moving and Learning, a company offering services and materials related to physical activity for children from birth to age eight. A popular speaker and workshop leader, she is also co-creator and host of the radio program Body, Mind, and Child.
- Author(s)Rae Pica
- PublisherGryphon House,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBeltsville, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGryphon House,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width223 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.