All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the best garden designs of the last ten years from more than 50 top garden designers. It offers design solutions for every situation, every area, all tastes and budgets, and any size of garden. It draws on the talents of celebrated designers such as Tom Stuart Smith, Lucia Giubbilei, Charlotte Rowe, Ian Kitson, John Brookes, Cleve West, Dan Pearson and Andy Sturgeon. It also showcases the work of lesser-kwn designers whose invating designs deserve wider recognition. The process of garden design requires many thousands of small decisions in the pursuit of the most appealing solutions for outdoor spaces. But this book makes the complex process simpler by offering ample choices of contemporary design for you to explore what's possible, what's practical and what's affordable. Comprising garden rooms, ornamental details, styles and planting ideas, this book will appeal to every garden owner, whether they manage a small or medium sized garden, a roof terrace, balcony or courtyard space. It offers cutting edge solutions for those seeking an entirely new look as well as key details that can make all the difference.
- Author BiographyIAN HODGSON is former editor of The Garden magazine (published by the Royal Horticultural Society) and member of the Publications Committee of Plants Heritage (NCCPG) with over 25 years' experience as a writer and editor for the horticultural press. He is a qualified landscape architect, and is currently Editor-at-Large for Garden News and Garden Answers magazines with a combined monthly circulation of more than 150,000 readers. Ian lives and gardens in Peterborough, UK. JOHN BROOKES, who writes the book's foreword, has often been described as the world's most influential garden designer both because of gardens he has created for clients and his books on garden design have been multi-million sellers. He is the former chair of the Society of Garden Designers and runs the Clock House School of Garden Design in the UK in addition to his world-renowned lecturing and workshop tours. John Brookes lives in Denmans, Southern England.
- Author(s)Ian Hodgson
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note400 colour photographs
- Weight1134 g
- Width227 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Foreword byJohn Brookes
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.