Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.49+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn authoritative and superbly illustrated celebration of the great gardens of the United States and Canada from the author of the highly acclaimed The New English Garden. The gardens chosen for this book range from eighteenth-century landscape gardens such as Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in North Carolina, through twentieth-century creations such as the lakeside garden at Innisfree in New York State and dramatic Naumkeag in Massachusetts to the work of exciting new designers such as Topher Delaney in San Francisco and Martha Schwartz in New Mexico. Many of the gardens are open to the public, so readers can actually visit them. The others, newer domestic gardens, offer instead glimpses into a glamorous world of luxurious outdoor living. To view a video preview of Great Gardens of America click here
- Author BiographyTIM RICHARDSON is a writer who specializes in garden and landscape design and history. He has been gardens editor at Country Life, and landscape editor at Wallpaper* magazine, and was founding editor of both the award-winning gardens magazine New Eden and Country Life Gardens. He now contributes mostly to the Daily Telegraph, House and Garden, Gardens Illustrated and Country Life. He is the author of Phaidon's The Garden Book, Vanguard Landscapes Gardens of Martha Schwartz, English Gardens of the 20th Century and the award-winning The New English Garden published by Frances Lincoln. He is also editor of Vista: the Culture and Politics of Gardens (Frances Lincoln). ANDREA JONES is one of the world's foremost garden photographers, having built up an international reputation for her photographs of landscape architecture, gardens and plants. The latter was the subject of Andrea's critically acclaimed solo book Plantworlds (2005). She has collaborated on numerous other book projects since Bold Plants and Grasses and Bamboos, both by Noel Kingsbury (1999). Andrea's collection of work forms the stock library Garden Exposures and appears in the international press including Gardens Illustrated, Garden Design (USA), House and Garden and The Daily Telegraph. Based in Scotland, Andrea is a Fellow of the RSA and exhibits her work around the world having had several successful solo exhibitions in both the UK and US. In 2008/9 she was voted Photographer of the Year by her peers in the UK's Garden Media Guild.
- Author(s)Tim Richardson
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note300 colour illustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width185 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographs byAndrea Jones
- Format DetailsWith flaps
- Edition StatementPaperback reissue
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $28.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.